VVA Vision Realtors Pvt. Ltd
Vice President IIA.
Graduated from Academy of Architecture, Prabhadevi, 1977
- Worked with various renowned Architectural firms in Mumbai before leaving for Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf in 1980.
- Worked on various Qatar Government Projects in Doha- Qatar, for 10 yrs.
- Established Vilas Avachat & Associates, 1991.
- Completed various High rise Residential Buildings in Mumbai.
- Commercial Projects, Resorts, Hotels and Industrial Projects in Pune, Thane, Goa, Karnataka, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Haridwar, Rajasthan etc.
- Currently working on huge SRA project with 126 acres and 25000 slum dwellers at Santacruz.
- Currently working on many re-development projects under DCR 33(7) and 33(10).
- Career at The Indian Institute of Architects
- National Vice President 2015-17
- UIA Council Member
- ARCASIA Chairman for Professional Practice Committee
- National Joint Honorary Secretary of IIA 2012-15
- Chairman of IIA Maharashtra Chapter, 2004 – 2008.
- Jt. Hon. Secretary of IIA Maharashtra Chapter, 2002 – 2004.
- Executive Committee Member of Maharashtra Chapter, 2000 – 2002.
-Other Achievements and Awards
- Visiting faculty at IES’s College of Architecture.
- Guiding PG students from time to time.
- Co-Convener of Changing the Trends , 2004.
- Convener NATCON 2014 –Mumbai.
- Jury member for varies Architectural Awards.
- IIA Representative through Maharashtra Chapter for MBR&R Board.
- IIA Representative through Maharashtra Chapter for MCGM & UD Department for Redevelopment Projects under DCR 33(7) and 33(10).
- Attended JNNRUM Project Committee Meeting with MCGM.